Good writers can create a picture in their readers’ minds.
They can do this by:
- using interesting vocabulary.
- elaborating on details.
- showing, rather than telling, some of the details.
- describing all five senses (what can be seen, heard, tasted, felt and smelt).
- using lots of adjectives (describing words).
- using metaphors or similies to compare two things.
- using synonyms (words with similar meanings) to make interesting word choices.
Lets start by first talking about who you think is a good writer!
Leave a comment to tell us about your favorite writer.
Why do you like this writer?
Now provide examples of how they achieve the characteristics of good writers by sharing quotes from their stories.